Experiences with IPv6 peering?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Wed Mar 2 18:24:50 CET 2011

To amplify Nick's point, if you use Cogent's IPv6 connectivity you need to
use at least one other IPv6 provider, even if it's a tunnel with Hurricane
Electric that appropriately preprended.  And if you want redundancy when
Cogent is in the mix, you should have a minimum of three IPv6 providers.

For table sizes, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_IPv6_support_by_major_transit_pro
viders

I'd recommend making your Cogent account manager aware of this table.  It
was actually created (by someone else) after I spoke with our (prospective)
Cogent account rep's supervisor who claimed that Cogent was "in line with
their competitors" and "growing like everyone elese". Na, na, na, naah.
They're at the bottom.

Frank