Experiences with IPv6 peering?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Mar 2 17:38:43 CET 2011

On 02/03/2011 16:27, Chase Venters wrote:
> Is this par for the course with IPv6 peering? What kind of improvement are
> we likely to see between now and June?

Welcome to being single homed behind Cogent's ipv6 network.  Your options are:

1. live with it
2. complain to your account manager at Cogent
3. get ipv6 transit from another provider

As far as I know, a lot of people have tried option #2 and have eventually
resorted to option #3, either to complement or as a replacement for their
Cogent connection.

HE's position on this is documented here:

http://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2009-October/014017.html

Nick