From the dualstack-is-fun department...

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Tue Mar 1 01:34:11 CET 2011

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 12:07:36AM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> And, would you have noticed the IPv6 related bug if happy-eyeballs was
> already implemented or would legacy IP have worked well enough for you
> to not notice (read as - what's better?, getting the bug fixed or not
> noticing and harming IPv6 for longer)?

IPv6 is not customer-driven, but provider driven. So #1 priority must be
that "things keep working" as painless as possible.

But you're right in the sense that with Happy Eyeballs we need methods
to measure problems being masked by HE. How, is one of the things
which seem to be missing in the Happy Eyeballs discussion.

Best regards,
Daniel