OpenSource IPv6 monitoring software...

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Jun 18 03:20:02 CEST 2011

Same here.

-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-ops-bounces+frnkblk=iname.com at lists.cluenet.de
[mailto:ipv6-ops-bounces+frnkblk=iname.com at lists.cluenet.de] On Behalf Of
Lyle Giese
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2011 8:39 AM
To: ipv6-ops at lists.cluenet.de
Subject: Re: OpenSource IPv6 monitoring software...

On 06/17/11 08:32, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I looking forward on OpenSource Monitoring software that support IPv6...
Seems that old stuff like nagios (and thousand of packages based on this)
doesn't have very good support about IPv6... Needs to add a second
monitor... etc... ->  pain in the ass.

> I am looking forward from you guys, what you are using (opensource only) ?
>
> How do you cope with production and monitoring with IPv6 network and
services...

> Kind regards,
> Xavier
> PS: I can do a mail with all what you will told me... after the topic has
been closed..

Nagios???

Nagios seems to support IPv6 here just fine.  I monitor(using Nagios) my
native IPv6 servers here and at a client that has an HE tunnel.

Running Nagios v3.2.0 in both locations.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.