Usage statistics of "World IPv6 Day Tools"? [was: Test your connectivity for World IPv6 Day]

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Fri Jun 10 14:13:23 CEST 2011

On May 27, 2011, at 8:58 AM, Mirjam Kuehne wrote:

Hi Mirjam,  hello everyone else,

> The RIPE NCC is preparing some measurements for World IPv6 Day. One of them is the IPv6 eye chart, a web page that allows you to test your connectivity to selected dual-stacked web sites and World IPv6 participants. The goal is to see if an end user has connectivity problems to dual-stacked websites.
>
> You can read more on RIPE Labs:
>
> http://labs.ripe.net/Members/emileaben/world-ipv6-day-ipv6-eye-chart
>
> The test can be found here: http://ipv6eyechart.ripe.net/
>
> If you have any questions or want to be included in the test, please contact us at labs at ripe dot net.

First of all thanks for this again!

As we slowly see results from one or the other organization or volunteer project, I have a silly yet simple question - how many people have actually actively used your tool?  (and to others -- what about your tools?)

I am asking because you had FreeBSD on the ipv6eyechart from the beginning but looking at changes in v6 access or v4 vs. v6 access patterns I would have expected that these tools might be used a lot more and hits might be noticeable.  Contrary looking at http://www.freebsd.org/ipv6/w6d-www-stats.html or if you want a longer term picture starting end of March http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/www-large.png , I couldn't see any significant changes around World IPv6 Day.
I haven't even tried to analyze how many of these hits were by your chart (also given I only used anonymized, stripped down data to generate the graphs) as it might be a lot easier for you to say?

What had been the experience of others providing similar statistics, summaries, tests?   Has anyone seen a significant use from amongst the network operator people and (content provider) participants community, or by users?  Please share your experience!

Regards,
Bjoern

         Stop bit received. Insert coin for new address family.