Philosophical question for IPv6 Day

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Jun 9 15:48:00 CEST 2011

On 6/9/2011 7:57 AM, Bill Owens wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:17:24AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
>> 3rd option:
>>
>> - a fully dual-stacked website, functional for a v6-only client,
>> located at the main domain name
>
> Absolutely - and yet, we have dozens of websites that are only
> willing/able/motivated to enable IPv6 access for a single 24-hour
> period, at the end of which they stopped the experiment (and they
> clearly view it as an experiment, at this stage).

Yes it's an experiment, and like all experiments, it had a termination
date so that all the data could be reviewed. Some sites, upon review of
the data, may decide to switch it to production. Others may consider the
data to indicate they need to wait or put pressure on other parties to
correct problems, etc.

Jack