Philosophical question for IPv6 Day

Ignatios Souvatzis ignatios at cs.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jun 9 09:30:42 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 07:19:36AM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:

> www.heise.de is an example for that.  The main web site is fully v6-capable,
> but parts of the ads come from v4-only servers (because the ad hosters'
> answer to v6 still seems to be "v-what?").

*shrug* Their wasted money, if in the future I can't read them.

I tend to view IPv4 as just another address for the URLs - it just
happens to have completely seperate routing. If the advertizement URL
is only reachable via the v4 subnet - it might be good enough for them
right now, it won't be sometime in the future, and most certainly they
will just book technology from someone who knows about it by then.

I guess the advertizement brokers don't know about the technology, they
only use it.

	-is