Test your connectivity for World IPv6 Day

Jens Weibler jens.weibler at h-da.de
Wed Jun 8 17:42:19 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 08.06.2011 17:15, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> >> In terms of the goals of W6D, that equates to "resounding
> >> success" for UCD.
>  A still smaller data point, but for what it's worth, we have seen no
>  issues either. All students and staff have v6 access for some months
>  and most of the public servers have AAAA records for a couple of
>  weeks now. The campus is quite quiet this week, but no IPv6-related
>  issues reported either from internal or external users today or in
>  those few weeks or today.

our cisco asa had some trouble today.
Don't know if it's because of more ipv6 interfaces and more traffic (we
are using native IPv6 since a few weeks).

Every minute the whole network would have a short break (maybe because
the dispatcher process on the asa took too long) and we have got 60.000+
connections open (normally ~5.000).
Really bad for nfs/cifs :(

After switching to the standby failover asa everything worked fine..
Don't know what really the reason was but I'm sure many will blame it on
IPv6...

--
Jens Weibler
IT-Services