Active ipv6 'mapping' project ?

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Jul 27 22:18:31 CEST 2011

Just poking around in my home firewall logs.  I have a tunnel to one of my
data centers giving the house ipv6.  I noticed a steady flow of icmp echo
requests with the destination address being my firewall itself.  This
pattern is steady (not a flood, but it is constant).  They are all 64 byte
packets with the payload being the typical walk through ASCII.

A sample of the source addresses are here:

http://pastebin.com/X9FwBtkE

That's from ~ 1000 packets sample.  A good amount of these come back as
Akamai.

Anyone know what this is ?  Thanks.

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273