Mac OSX 10.7

ryan at u13.net ryan at u13.net
Wed Jul 20 17:31:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:28:02 -0400 (EDT), Brandon Applegate wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Dyonisius Visser wrote:
>
>> Just coughed up
EUR22.99 in the Apple Store and upgraded to 10.7 (Lion). Some major
improvements that are directly noticeable: * DHCPv6 * Samba over IPv6 *
Random addresses The DHCPv6 is of course the thing that everyone's been
waiting for. Let's say what else 10.7 has, but so far it looks good.

> What about this ?
>
> http://openradar.appspot.com/7333104 [1]

Essentially - MacOS uses the first recieved answer from 2 Q's of A and

> AAAA. So even if you have working healthy ipv6, you may (randomly)

initiate connections to the ipv4 side. :(

> My wife's machine is
running 10.6 but with the latest rev bump/updates -
> it *seems* like
this is fixed. If so - I would assume the fix is also in
> Lion

Yes these are fixed in 10.6.latest and also in 10.7. A related issue
where AAAA-only names randomly fail to resolve for applications is also
resolved.

Links:
------
[1] http://openradar.appspot.com/7333104