Mac OSX 10.7

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Jul 20 17:28:02 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011, Dyonisius Visser wrote:

> Just coughed up €22.99 in the Apple Store and upgraded to 10.7 (Lion).
> Some major improvements that are directly noticeable:
>
> * DHCPv6
> * Samba over IPv6
> * Random addresses
>

> The DHCPv6 is of course the thing that everyone's been waiting for.
>
> Let's say what else 10.7 has, but so far it looks good.

What about this ?

http://openradar.appspot.com/7333104

Essentially - MacOS uses the first recieved answer from 2 Q's of A and
AAAA.  So even if you have working healthy ipv6, you may (randomly)
initiate connections to the ipv4 side.  :(

My wife's machine is running 10.6 but with the latest rev bump/updates -
it *seems* like this is fixed.  If so - I would assume the fix is also in
Lion.

Thanks for the early feedback though !

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273