World IPv6 Day? [included bonus report on brokeness studies]

Brandon Butterworth brandon at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 10:02:42 CET 2011

> > On a side issue, a large (although only partially commercial) content
> > provider apparently doesn't care about losing "less than 1%"
> > of customers if it reduces OPEX

fsvo care. We've been told to reduce expenditure on internet
services by 25%

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/jul/05/bbc-trust-online-cuts

There has been alot of pressure for us to stop doing things
so others can do them for profit instead

Since then the government has blown a GBP 800M hole in the budget that
need fixing.

> For the most part the problem is not that it will cost money for the
> content providers to fix the problems. The real issue is that the
> problems lie completely outside the content providers' control, and yet
> they affect the content providers' users anyway.

Supporting users with problems we've triggered by adding v6 is the
problem.

brandon