IPv6-capable 10G switches

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Jan 13 01:12:39 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 05:03:38PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 07:52:57AM -0800, George Bonser wrote:
> > They support v6 at layer2
>
> Well, to not-support IPv6 on a Layer2 switch would certainly require
> extra effort...  so this doesn't impress me very much.

At least on part of the Juniper EX series (we've seen it on EX3200 and I
have heard of folks seeing probably the same problem on EX8200 too), IPv6
multicast is partially(!) broken when IGMP snooping is enabled (PR/456700,
we're trying to get a fix in 10.4R2).

Took me quite some time (a couple hundred EUR worth of time) to find and
nail the problem why DHCPv6 queries didn't reach their destination in a
multivendor multiswitch LAN, but ND/RA did still work.

Best regards,
Daniel