IPv6-capable 10G switches

Jens Link lists at quux.de
Wed Jan 12 22:11:04 CET 2011

Gert Doering <gert at space.net> writes:

> Well, to not-support IPv6 on a Layer2 switch would certainly require
> extra effort...  so this doesn't impress me very much.

I did an IPv6 training where the customer provided the equipment and some
people didn't get an IPv6 address via SLAAC. The (old) D-Link Switch
didn't like Ethernet multicast.  The problem was solved by replacing the
Switch with a Hub (which led to half an hour discussion where
$participant had hidden the hub.).

Jens