World IPv6 Day?

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Jan 13 00:58:17 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 09:14:21PM +0100, Gert Doering wrote:
> Heise.de lost one (1) out of a million (!) on their IPv6 test day

That's not how I read their results.

They had five folks contacting them via Email about problems accessing
the site. Two were fixed by rebooting router/PC. Two were totally
unrelated Internet problems. The remaining fifth had a rogue RA problem.

How many folks were not able to reach the site but didn't bother to
contact them about the problem remains unknown as they (to my knowledge)
never systematically tried to probe for brokeness like Tore and Google
do.

Just because a web site for very tech-savvy folks has no anecdotal(!)
problem with dual-stacking doesn't mean that it ain't a problem for web
sites with the casual "I'm going to click on the Internet" type of
visitors won't have a problem.

Best regards,
Daniel (who cannot remember having received complaints for any of his
dual-stacked web/mail/dns/XMPP/... services he privately operates for
many years, but that's certainly a result of the qualitative and
quantitative properties of the user base :-))