IPv6-capable 10G switches

Martin Millnert martin at millnert.se
Wed Jan 12 21:09:19 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 21:04 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:43:11PM -0500, Martin Millnert wrote:
>
> > Hardware based with a few SFP+: Netgear GSM7352S-200.
>
> Thanks!
>
> That looks very good on paper. I would even get a 10G MMF
> tranceiver thrown in, all for under 3 kEUR.

> Question is, Netgear switches are frequently (always?) awful.
> Has anyone here used this in production? Much brokenness?

You might be helped by the lifetime warranty they have on it. It seems
they are trying to get into a market they weren't in before; one where
lifetime warranty is considered a good thing...

Again, haven't used it myself, so perhaps you can go ask for an
engineering test device or similar from your local reseller.

(One of the better ways to make JNPR re-evaluate IPv6 and AFL ought to
be losing sales...)

Cheers,
--
Martin Millnert <martin at millnert.se>