World IPv6 Day?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jan 12 20:48:05 CET 2011

On 01/12/2011 11:41, Martin Millnert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 14:21 -0500, Hannigan, Martin wrote:
>> Its a pretty serious endeavor. I think we're lockstep with how transition is
>> going to play out to be honest. You really can't ask for more.
>
> I'd rather the previously mentioned list of big players (and whoever
> else decides to join in) do a serious job in enabling IPv6 on their
> services, so that, hopefully, when the trial is over, they can just let
> it stay on, just as vg.no did.

It's unlikely that it will happen that way, for a variety of complex
reasons. The whole "Just Do It" idea does not work when you're talking
multi-billion dollar corporations where 1/2000 customers not being able
to reach their site == millions of dollars of lost revenue.

Once again, be happy, be supportive, spread the word with a smile on
your face. Grousing because "they" are "not doing it right" will not
help, and will in fact hurt.

Doug

			-- OK Go