allocating lowest 64 bits from WGS84

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Jan 11 10:45:50 CET 2011

Assuming I assign my MAC from physical host WGS 84 GPS
position fixes (e.g. 24 bit for each long/lat, no alt,
48 bit total), and add 16 bit for altitude position
part to obtain the 64 bit host address part,
would that break any IPv6 built-in assumptions?

(Obvious application: e.g. wireless node mesh address
allocation).

Assuming above doesn't break things. If some of the nodes
are mobile (which means they would slowly change their
64 bit host address part), and one would use mask based
geographic broadcast to match a given node or nodes in
a particular area, this is no longer IPv6 as we know it,
correct?