Address Management in IPv6

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Tue Jan 4 21:38:38 CET 2011

On 4 Jan 2011, at 13:39, Graham Beneke wrote:

> We currently store our subnet assignments in a wiki and don't record host assignments.
> What tools are available for tracking and recording IPv6 assignments within an organisation? Does anyone have good or bad experiences with particular apps?

Last time I had to answer this question, I reached for Haci (coming from ipplan too).  Haci's interface is a lot cleaner than ipplan.  I understand that since I had to make that decision, the ipplan developer has added v6 support.

However, next time I need to select an IPAM tools, I will definitely look again at 6connect IPAM - http://www.6connect.net/platform/ipam/.  I had a demo of it recently, and it included out of the box a bunch of the automation scripts that one needs to bolt onto the FOSS tools to make them useful.  I certainly recommend you look at this software.

Andy