Dual stack hotspot/captive portal

Marc Blanchet marc.blanchet at viagenie.ca
Thu Feb 24 03:25:09 CET 2011

I thought we were talking about hotspot with captive portal which
suggests public places with not the same level of security requirements
as an enterprise network.

To me, captive portals are just fine with router advertisements and I
don't see real need for DHCPv6. However, DHCPv6 can be a solution in
this environment, but there is currently some lack of clients
implementations. That might change in a not so distant future. However,
if one wants to do it right now, and it is for the general public, I
guess RA are probably more simple than DHCPv6, given all implementations
support RA.

Marc.

--
=========