IPv6 PPP/RADIUS and PD on Redback SEOS 6.4.1

Arjan Van Der Oest Arjan at voiceworks.nl
Sun Feb 20 18:48:58 CET 2011

Hi,

As a first post, I'm wondering : is there anyone out there using a SmartEdge with 6.4.1 and PPPoE?

My carrier (KPN) delivers me xDSL circuits via a vlan (ATM to Ethernet for ADSL and Ethernet to Ethernet for VDSL and FTTx). I'll have to build a session via either CLIPS/DHCP or via PPP. Since SEOS doesn't support IPv6 on CLIPS yet, I'm forced to work with PPP/RADIUS. Assigning a Framed-IPv6-Prefix and Framed-IPv6-Route works on a Cisco CPE (with either the Framed-IPv6-Prefix on the PPP WAN interface or making the link unnumbered on vlan1 and assigning the prefix on that vlan).

However, I should be able to use Prefix-Delegation using Delegated-IPv6-Prefix. The SE seems not to be responsing to the DHCPv6 SOLICIT's I can see the Cisco sending out on the dialer interface. In fact: I don't see the SOLICITS showing up on the SE at all when I enable DHCPv6 debugging on it.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Arjan van der Oest
Senior Network & Systems Engineer / Security Officer

Voiceworks BV - Editiestraat 29 - 1321 NG Almere
Mobile : (+31) (0)36 7600 197
Voiceworks winnaar Gouden FD Gazelle Award 2010 http://bit.ly/eksf8V