ipv6 next-hop link-local

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sat Feb 19 14:51:28 CET 2011

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:02:35PM +1030, Mark Smith wrote:
> Just that if Gert feels he needs to question people in his email
> signature, by default, as to whether they've enabled IPv6 or not, it
> seems to me that is a sign that there isn't very much IPv6 operational
> experience yet.

There's a fair bit of operational experience on the routing side of things
(the IXPs we're connected to have offered IPv6 roughly since 2001).

My signature is more targeting the serious lack of IPv6 deployment in
"hosts", that is, communication endpoints.  Lots of people need to do
their part there, so a gentle reminder every now and then might keep
the issue in mind...

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
did you enable IPv6 on something today...?

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279