a rediculous IPv6 deployment that dind't actutally deploy IPv6

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Thu Feb 17 23:11:48 CET 2011

On 2/17/2011 8:07 AM, Jack Bates wrote:

> On 2/16/2011 7:38 PM, Mark Yarbrough wrote:
>> NOC Guy: No, we just need to move some around and you are asking for a
>> lot.
>
> LOL, is it really that hard to add some IP addressing to the pool? If
> they are THAT low, they should have requested some more. Last I checked,
> the RIR isn't out yet.
>

> Jack

They may be past the utilization threshold in that one area but under it
in many other areas.  Thus making them ineligible to obtain further
resources.

When we got our block I split it up, intending to use one chunk in a
planned future NOC.  That never happened, and that section utilization
is 0%  Yet other sections of our utilization are almost full.

Reallocating that introduces uglification of the route tables. ;-)

Ted