yum IPv6 repos

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 20:14:03 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Dick Visser <visser at terena.org> wrote:
> I just had a look at the Ubuntu archives mirror list but there is no
> information on IPv6 listed there:
>
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archivemirrors
>
> I created a small script that parses this page, checks if the mirror
> has an IPv6 address, and then outputs the 'enhanced' page:
>
> http://cajones.org/~visser/ubuntu-mirrors/
>
> Interesting results, I didn't do a count but it looks like roughly one
> third of them can do IPv6.
> I'll mail the Ubuntu mirrors team to see if this information can be
> added to the original mirrors page.

Thanks!  This is helpful info.

I am pretty shocked that more mirrors in the USA are not IPv6 enabled,
especially given that so many are at USA universities, which in theory
should have easy access to IPv6 via Internet2, and likely their
primary ISP as well.

It seems like these "non revenue generating"  "for the public good"
mirroring services would be prime candidates for those various hosting
organizations to get their feet wet with IPv6 and start generating
some traffic.

Anyone have clue on how best to improve this situation with the
existing mirrors?

CB