Lion + AnyConnect = b0rked IPv6

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Thu Aug 25 13:31:49 CEST 2011

Hi !
Le 25 août 2011 à 13:23, Roger Jørgensen a écrit :

> On tor, august 25, 2011 13:04, Dyonisius Visser wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting AnyConnect to work on MacOS X 10.7.1.
>> I've tried the latest version of AnyConnect (3.0.3054), which has some
>> Lion-specific fixes. It does 'work' (i.e. installation OK,
>> authentication fine, etc), but after that no IPv6 at all any more.
>>
>> Has anyone managed to get IPv6 to work using Lion and AnyConnect?
>>
>> At this moment Lion is a no-go since we have a lot of IPv6-only
>> services...
>
> on my Mac I got the issue the other way around, IPv6 through an IPv4
> AnyConnect connection stopped working... so seems like either AnyConnect
> or Lion are blocking IPv6 as it should in a normal case, earlier I was
> just fine able to use IPv6 outside the IPv4 VPN :-)
> Never tried it with IPv6 _on_ an allowed link tho...
>
> I am also using two different AnyConnect solutions/setup with different
> AnyConnect version so it do look like Lion have done something.

I has been years I didn't use Cisco VPN to connect to my work, but since Snow Leopard, the VPN subsystems on OS X can work directly with Cisco ASA system.

I don't have the chance (?) the need to connect with VPN at home so I cannot test on my own.

Maybe this is the solution to avoid install Cisco AnyConnect ?

Kind regards,
Xavier