6to4 stats found, are there other places?

Ole Troan otroan at employees.org
Mon Apr 18 08:48:10 CEST 2011

Jordi,

> If the problem is filtering, as expressed by Geoff, then we should kill
> any protocol that can be filtered ?

filters are just one among many problems.
please read http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory-00

bad performance, high latency, packet drops and blackholes unrelated to filtering are the ones I've seen and experienced.

> I'm not going to repeat myself here, and I'm not the only one objecting to
> this document in v6ops, so there is no consensus.

apart from "I disagree", it be fruitful if you could provide arguments.

in the meantime I suggest you sit yourself behind a Linksys WRT610N (with current firmware - 1) and a Mac OSX <=10.6.4 machine use the google whitelisted DNS server from HE and enjoy 'the web' for a while. even better enable, make sure you are behind a NAT and enable 6to4 locally on the OSX box... ;-)

cheers,
Ole