IPv6 NAT (NAT66) - Implementations?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Sun Apr 17 21:34:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm wondering what implementations of IPv6-to-IPv6-NAT are out there,
and what variant of NAT66 they implement - as in "NPT66 prefix translation"
or "IPv4-style N->1 address-and-port translation".

I have been told that Juniper ScreenOS does "IPv4 style NAPT", and of
course a number of load balancers do destination NAT towards the
corresponding HTTP servers.  But that's just a fraction of the IPv6
capable products on the market...

In case you wonder: I'm not saying NAT is good or NAT is bad - I'm preparing
a talk that is supposed to give a balanced view on the pros and cons, and
part of that talk is a market overview "what has been implemented today?".

If there's interest, I'll send a summary to the list (when I receive
enough suitable material to make this useful).

thanks in advance,

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
did you enable IPv6 on something today...?

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279