I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Sascha Luck lists at c4inet.net
Wed Sep 29 18:00:05 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 09:38:07AM +0200, Sascha Lenz wrote:
> The current policy (in RIPE-land, possibly other RIR's too)
> is the right way to go, not this draft: Limit the use of PI
> by making it more complicated to obtain and maintain than PA,
> but don't forbid it, if someone needs PI, they need to be able
> to get it. There is no other real multihoming solution yet and
> becoming a LIR is not always an option/too expensive.

Better yet, abandon the PA/PI distinction entirely as it doesn't
really have any value in IPv6 land. Let everyone who needs routable
space get routable space and, by all means, become a RIR member.
This should reasonably fulfil the 2007-01 objectives *and* might just
lower membership fees for everyone.

cheers,
s.