I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Sep 28 22:12:44 CEST 2010

--- gert at space.net wrote:
From: Gert Doering <gert at space.net>

That's actually what we try in RIPE land - tack a heap of paperwork
to a PI network, and a yearly fee.  Not high enough to seriously impact
larger enterprises, but annoying enough to drive away "barbershop sized
businesses".

(So yes, we need other solutions for garage shops that want highly
reliable Internet connectivity)

Yes.  Many of those 'garage shop' folks have innovated in ways not expected by the establishment.  They need to be encouraged at every opportunity and not have stumbling blocks put in the way...

scott