Quoting RFC2860 [Re: I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt]

Tony Li tony.li at tony.li
Tue Sep 28 02:27:21 CEST 2010

> All interesting stuff, and if you'd done it 10 years ago it might have a chance to be deployed today.

Well, 10 years ago (and actually a bit more), some folks tried.  And they were told "no thank you".

Some of us keep trying.

> But the fact is that we need widespread deployment of IPv6 _yesterday_,
> and jamming PA down operator's throats with the promise of something better tomorrow is not even in the neighborhood of a valid/useful strategy for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that the operators simply won't do it.

You know, we can sit and fight about this, or we can solve the problem.

I'd rather not fight.

We need to do something and we will not make progress by simply duking it out.

Tony