Great news for IPv6

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Oct 26 11:50:34 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 11:39:19AM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
> For now we want to just try out dual-stacking the main hostnames and see
> if we can do so safely.  If the verdict after the test day is that the
> broken users problem isn't really a big concern, hopefully we'll put
> dual-stack in production permanently and add the missing pieces so that
> we'll in the end be able to cater to IPv6-only end users.  But first
> things first.  :-)

Applause for your good work so far - and hoping for good test results! :-)

> And so far, so good.  We've yet to receive any real complains of
> connectivity loss.  My contact in VG just called the whole test day an
> anti-climax...

That's about what heise.de figured out on their IPv6 experiment day
"nothing happened" (about 1 million visits, and *one* user had problems
that were definitely caused by IPv6 - rogue RA in his local network...)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
did you enable IPv6 on something today...?

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279