Great news for IPv6

Martin Millnert martin at millnert.se
Tue Oct 26 11:24:59 CEST 2010

On Tue, October 26, 2010 5:42 am, Tore Anderson wrote:
> I think www.hd.se has had IPv6 for a very long time already, actually.

Yeah, I just learned.  They are here in the room right now (IPv6-track)
and will soon discuss their experiences.

> Let me know if you have any more questions!

After some initial troubles (*), i now try vg.no and hd.no, and my results
are a bit unhappy -- none of them works well from a ipv6-only host (i just
drop v4 packets in my iptables OUTPUT chain).

They load, but very slowly. :)

Dual-stack works, and about 50% of the packets come over ipv4 and 50% from
ipv6 for the entire site first page load.  (I think the only viable
migration goal for content providers must be to make content compatible
with ipv6-only hosts)

Regards,
--
Martin Millnert <martin at millnert.se>

(*) I fought with the worst locked-down conference private space IPv4
NATed radio networks ever: I must run my openvpn over tcp to tcp port 443
on my server, else the crap net eats up all packets. It even eats up
(link-)local ipv6 packets. per client!