Great news for IPv6

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Oct 26 09:42:52 CEST 2010

Hello all,

* Martin Millnert

> good news indeed.   Here's to hoping that some sites in .se can do the
> same.   I wonder if they buy the argument "If it works in Norway ...",
> considering ancient .se/.no rivalry. ;)

I think www.hd.se has had IPv6 for a very long time already, actually.

Otherwise we have IPv6-enabled data centres in .se too so we'll be happy
to help host Swedish sites that want dual-stack.  ;-)

> Looking forward to seeing the results.  Might well prove to be very
> useful as the 26th coincides with a certain internet conference in
> Stockholm ( http://www.internetdagarna.se )  (Can we get results
> quickely-quick, pretty please? :) )
>
> Good luck folks, and all the best for the test.

Thanks!  The test is already underway, so far so good.  Started at 0900
CEST so not all resovlers have picked up the AAAAs yet.  Participating
are www.vg.no and all of A-pressens regional papers (see
http://goo.gl/XCKx and find clickable links at http://goo.gl/Wudn), do
feel free to surf around and verify that it looks OK and that IPv6 is used.

Also both A-pressen and VG has published some blog posts about this
(http://goo.gl/5CKE & http://goo.gl/a7sl) - VG linked to it from its
front page, too.  So far I've had 17726 people running the test at
http://goo.gl/rLZJ - 28 were warned about Teredo/6to4 use and 168 had
dualstack failures.  However these numbers are strongly biased towards
failures, as VG has put up a javascript on their front page that detects
broken IPv6 and pops up a little warning box that links the user to the
blog post (which in turn links to the test page).

Note that the test page gives the green light regardless of IPv6 or IPv4
being used for retrieving the dualstacked test element (but the text is
slightly more enthusiastic if IPv6 is used).

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/