So why is "IPv4 with longer addresses" a problem anyway?

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon May 31 18:47:19 CEST 2010

On Sunday 30 May 2010 06:05:45 pm Benedikt Stockebrand
wrote:

> For the same reason, in these environments I'd rather use
>  RIP{v2,ng} over OSPFv[23].  You always have to find the
>  balance between easy-to-handle simplicity and
>  ultimate-performance complexity on an individual basis,
>  and in all these cases it largely depends on the people
>  involved rather than the technology as such.

I probably wouldn't go around saying RIP is better to deploy
than a link-state routing protocol (despite the "balance
between easy-to-handle simplicity and ultimate performance
complexity" quote), but I gather that isn't the gist of this
thread.

Mark.