Yet another IPv6 deployment statistics

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue May 18 18:08:32 CEST 2010

Hi Eric,

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 06:02:01PM +0200, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> http://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/ (based on prior work from Mark Prior)
> daily runs some tests on multiple international (read non US :-)) sites
> and check whether there is any IPv6-enabled web, email and DNS servers
> for this site.

Nice work.  (You might want to extend this to the top100 from Alexa, this
might catch some of the german sites... :-) - but even then, it will still
be in the single-digit percent values).

> ... and results are not really what I was expecting.

It's definitely very frustrating, but I have to admit, I'm not overly
surprised :-( - it's all a big game of pretending that IPv6 is not
relevant, IPv6 does not exist, IPv6 is too expensive, IPv6 won't be
necessary, ...

OTOH, .NL is good.  "3 out of 25 sites in Alexa Top 25 have enabled IPv6
and it did not harm their business - so *that* excuse is just lame, now
go and find a new one" :-)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  150584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279