Imagine

Thomas Schäfer thomas at cis.uni-muenchen.de
Thu May 6 23:25:17 CEST 2010

Am Donnerstag 06 Mai 2010 schrieb Olivier Tharan:
> Be careful that this check is performed for every single URL your
> browser encounters, before you even know you want to hit a proxy
> server or not, let alone initiate the HTTP connection. regexp and
> resolver checks are quite expensive and ultimately can lead to slower
> browsing for your users. This combined with broken resolvers w/ IPv6
> vs. IPv4 will give you frustrated users :) "the network is slow"

I tested it only on the user thomas - an I cannot frustrate myself :-)
I took the proposal with dnsResolve function - it works.
Only the flashplay-plugin (other plugins not tested) didn't work.

I like this solution more than DNS-manipulation and/or transparent proxys - I
am very frustrated by transparent proxys (http://1.2.3.9/bmi...   by t-mobile
and vodafone) in the past.

Regards,
Thomas