VM systems and IPv6?

Phil Pennock ipv6-ops+phil at spodhuis.org
Thu Mar 18 07:39:15 CET 2010

On 2010-03-18 at 17:06 +1100, Shaun Ewing wrote:
> You did however mention Parallels. Most Mac users in our company (including
> myself) have Parallels running with a Windows VM to access some Windows only
> apps.
>
> I have one running Windows XP, which works fine with IPv6 (albeit on
> Parallels 4), eg:
> http://snaps.se.id.au/1/20100318-winxpv6.png

Hrm.  That suggests I'm being stupid in a way I've yet to spot.  I shall
keep pondering.  Thanks.

> The only thing I would suggest - make sure you're using "Bridged Ethernet".
> Shared Networking does not work.

Yup, I'm Bridged.  And disabling the firewall on the Mac doesn't help
either.

So, probably not a source of significant bias in the percentage of hosts
that are broken on IPv6 and thus perhaps OT for the ops list.

Thanks,
-Phil