IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Mon Jun 7 11:20:28 CEST 2010

> > If everyone just publishes their experiences on their blogs, then
> > a newcomer who tries to make use of that information on a slightly
> > different network will run into problems.
>
> If everybody just wrote on one English-language wiki, a rather large
> audience would be left completely uninformed. May I remind you that
> other languages exist and not everyone running computers speaks
> English?

Even the German IPv6 council has problems avoiding the use of English,
and let's not talk about Lena...
http://www.ipv6council.de

Even when I do a Google search for "seiten auf Deutsch" I get lots of
pages with English on them. This is not something that I can fix.

As for having a central wiki in English, this can still help solve
your problem. A well-publicised central wiki will get checked out
by lots of people. If it has a prominent link on the home page
for "Resources in other languages" then you could set up a "Resources in
German" page and point people to sites which they can understand. If you
have a similar wiki that is in German, then you can translate key pieces
of information for it.

Nothing happens just by magic. It takes a lot of hard work by a lot of
people.

DENOG has a wiki http://wiki.denog.de/index.php/Hauptseite
Perhaps they will let you use it to create a comprehensive German
language
reference for IPv6 deployment.

--Michael Dillon