IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Tue Jun 1 16:29:01 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 01 June 2010 10:13:05 pm michael.dillon at bt.com
wrote:

> If such a site existed, then it might also be useful to
>  end threads that drag on by asking people to go there
>  and edit the recipes to make them clearer or whatever.

I support this effort because this is a real problem, today
(and a real shame that we haven't reached any decent
"operational" consensus). Existing LAN administrators will
need all the information they can get if they start
deploying IPv6 in a LAN environment before we work out the
SLAAC vs. DHCPv6 issues.

And the more "updated" information they can source in a
single (or multiple) location(s), the better off they will
be.

Cheers,

Mark.