IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Tue Jun 1 16:13:05 CEST 2010

> don't.  What you do is that you enable router advertisements on both
> routers (and make sure they advertise the same prefixes).  If you
> want, you can fiddle with their priority along the way.
>
> Then you simply leave the rest to Neighbor Unreachability Detection

It seems to me that all of the good bits from this discussion are
the kind of thing that belongs on an IPv6 cookbook site. I don't
know if there is already such a site, but if not, I suppose that
ARIN's http://www.getipv6.info wiki would be a good place to put it.

Then, instead of wading through arguments filled with red herrings
and appeals to authority, people could just read a simple cookbook
article on "Anycast gateway addresses" or "Configuring RA for use with
DHCPV6".

If such a site existed, then it might also be useful to end threads
that drag on by asking people to go there and edit the recipes to
make them clearer or whatever.

--Michael Dillon