/127 between routers?

Sam Wilson Sam.Wilson at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 14 11:56:08 CET 2010

On 14 Jan 2010, at 08:37, Mark Smith wrote:

> ... Of the 3 versions of the IPv6 Addressing
> Architecture RFCs (1884, 3513 and 4291), the 64 bit Interface ID
> requirement was specified in RFC3513, published in April 2003, so it's
> been part of the IPv6 addressing model for nearly 7 years.

And it is stated as a requirement without invoking RFC 2119
language.  My first thought is that it is difficult to know what
force the authors intended that requirement to have.

Sam Wilson
Network Team, IT Infrastructure
Information Services, The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.