/127 between routers?

Mark Kamichoff prox at prolixium.com
Sun Jan 10 18:42:47 CET 2010

Hi Truman -

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 01:40:28PM +1100, Truman Boyes wrote:
> Juniper is definitely *not* recommending avoiding /64s. Do you have a
> pointer to where this information came from? I have performed
> extensive testing of IPv6 forwarding/routing and /64's work just fine.

Just rumors, mostly, no specific source.  It may have been one of those
corner cases (hopefully!) that won't be seen in most general
deployments.  I've done some rudimentary lab testing with MXes using
/64s as p-t-p links, too, and didn't see any issues.

Didn't mean to start a scare :)

- Mark

--
Mark Kamichoff