/127 between routers?

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Sat Jan 9 04:42:02 CET 2010

Steve Bertrand wrote:
> Truman Boyes wrote:
>> Juniper is definitely *not* recommending avoiding /64s. Do you have a pointer to where this information came from? I have performed extensive testing of IPv6 forwarding/routing and /64's work just fine.
>
> Vendor recommending not using /64?
>
> I envision a snowball in Hell.
>
> I've just finalized on /64 for ptp, and I'm just a small network.
>
> If x vendor states to avoid /64 for ANY situation, good luck to them.

meh. If my statements were as murky to you as they were to me after I
read my response when it hit the list, I just want to clarify that I
don't, haven't, and never would believe any statement from anyone who
claims that /64's will be obsoleted.

Besides, of course, anyone with an interest at a scale that would make
such an announcement worrisome would publish it properly before the
vendor did. Those on a smaller scale who cared would know where to look
for that notification.

...for some reason, my messages don't make sense to me until after I
send them, even though I've 'previewed' prior to sending ;)

Steve