Requests for tunnels

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Sat Jan 9 11:06:33 CET 2010

Steve Bertrand wrote:
> The people who are mailing me that I've `met` on the forums seem *very*
> pushy. I offered a test tunnel into my network, and within a few
> minutes, they had replied with specific details with the information
> that _I_ should configure _my_ gear to comply with.
>
> In essence, to make my long story short, my belief is that we
> happy-go-lucky-push-v6 folk are about to run into a situation where
> scammers will try to exploit our good nature.
>
> Has this happened to you?

Yes, it does happen, that we get requests like that. We did get Jeroen
to set one of the SixXS PoP's up in our network, so I'd just refer them
to use that and to comply with the rules attached.

[SNIP]

> ps. what really pisses me off is when they state that:
>
> "
> P.S.
>
> I have marked all address on my router with blue alphabet and your
> router with red alphabet.
> "
>
> ...wtf... do you see red and blue in there? What's worse:
>
> "
> Senior Corporate Support Network Engineer
> Internet Service & Support Division
> Technical & Operation Department
> "
>
> ..._network engineer_ *emailing* me with HTML and thinks I'll understand
> colours? heh

Over the years, I've also worked doing premium support for server and
storage hardware vendors. The amount of consultants that call in and
have no clue on what they are at, when they state these and that
certificate, that should have thought them the bits, is amazing.

The more elaborate the titel, the more bullsh*t has been applied and the
more lacking the knowledge is most likely. Just my 2c.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen