net.ipv6.conf.all.send_redirects

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Jan 4 23:33:49 CET 2010

Hi,

Thus wrote George Bonser (gbonser at seven.com):

> Accept_redirects is one thing, we were discussing send_redirects.
>
> Linux has an accept_redirects switch where you can turn that behavior on
> or off but there isn't one for send_redirects as there is in ipv4.

This is all very much OS dependent. NetBSD has:
net.inet6.ip6.redirect = 1         	(sending)
net.inet6.icmp6.rediraccept = 1     (accepting)

The setting will of course do exactly nothing if the system in question
isn't forwarding.

I suspect other KAME based IPv6 stacks will have the same.
Whether it's wise to disable sending redirect is left as an exercise for
the reader :-P

regards,
	spz
--