Youtube-over-IPv6

Paul Timmins paul at timmins.net
Thu Feb 4 22:53:27 CET 2010

Erik Kline wrote:
>> I tried firewalling away my IPv4 connectivity and used a non-local,
>> dual-stacked, DNS resolver to browse the page and it sort-of works.
>> Front page looks kind-of stupid (some elements missing), but it is
>> possible to view videos, etc. :)
>>

> Any idea which hostnames aren't dualstacked or, more precisely, what is missing?

I noticed gmail's SMTP servers aren't v6 reachable. I'm curious how much
IPv6 SMTP would flow worldwide if they were.
>> So you IPv6 ninjas over at Google, what's next? :)
>>
> More.  :)
>

>> Achieving support of single-stack IPv6 users should be the long-term
>> goal, I presume.
>> Dare you answer at all re: the DNS infrastructure? :)
>>

> The existing whitelist program is not a long term solution, as many
> have noted.  I wouldn't worry too much about it affecting any
> potential future DNSSEC support of Google domains.

Curiosity, is it easy to get whitelisted on some test servers to see how
things go, then expand it to others? Do I have to meet Google at an
exchange point or is the fact I have native connectivity good enough?

-Paul