Safari on IPv6 ?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Mon Feb 1 11:37:36 CET 2010

Marco Hogewoning wrote:
> Morning Folks,
>
> This should be easy, however I can't seem to find the answer online
> as most articles are about turning off IPv6 instead of one.
> I noticed Apple's Safari 4.04 defaults to IPv4 instead of IPv6 when
> both A and AAAA are present. Now you can discuss wether this is a safe

It is ridiculous that that is a decision per-app instead of global.

> default or not, I would really like to know where the little button is
> to switch this behavior to AAAA first, which I recall used to be the case
> on earlier editions.

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20090701234543632

aka:
# defaults write com.apple.Safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1

and apparently there somewhere you can change it around...

see http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20040112104026573 for
more stories.....

I don't have an true idea though as I don't use safari, but I hope the
above helps you out

> MarcoH
> (oh and please forget about browser wars, I know how to download Firefox)

But, but, did you think about Internet Explorer, Opera, Chrome and all
the others out there? *nudge* :)

Greets,
 Jeroen