IPv6 capable anti virus/spam/... filter boxes for mail, web, ftp, IM, ...

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Wed Dec 8 18:51:31 CET 2010

> Has anyone experience or recommendations for IPv6 capable and decent
> software / (virtual/hardware) appliances handling mail, web, ftp, ...
> over IPv6?
>
> A lot of vendors don't even mention IPv6 and before testing all of
> them to see if they really do IPv6 ...

These days I would be tempted to build my own such "appliance".  For
example, obtain a rack mount fanless server such as something like:

http://www.stealth.com/industrial_rackmounts_sr2625Fdatasheet.htm

with a solid state disk.

Then use the Vyatta firewalling software (if you need it) and a modern
Linux distribution such as Ubuntu for the services you need. At that
point you should have a secure rack mount "appliance" with no moving
parts that should provide a long unattended life.