Thoughts about ipv6 white listing

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Sat Dec 4 12:28:52 CET 2010

> Indeed that is what I mean. This problem will hit before, as such one
> can ignore the fact that one even has IPv6 or is publishing AAAA
> records
> at all.
>
> Especially the dropping of queries, which causes a time-out before the
> record gets resolved is very annoying.

But is no different than the situation is right now, today.  If a client right now asks for an AAAA record, they get NOERROR and I have a log full of such requests.  So for those users, it presents no change at all.  It will not make anything any worse than it already is yet it will speed up those who actually do have good v6 connectivity.