XS4ALL Introduces native IPv6 for DSL customers

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Aug 27 07:36:06 CEST 2010

* Marco Hogewoning

> XS4ALL OFFERS IPv6 TO ALL CUSTOMERS

Congratulations!  I assume this is the world's first large rollout of
universally available native IPv6 connectivity to residental end users?
It does give you bragging rights to be sure!

It would be interesting to see some statistics on how many users choose
to enable it, and perhaps even more so how many of them disable it
again.  And which kind of IPv6-related problems (if any) are commonly
reported to your help desk, and how they are handled.  By the way, do
you enable IPv6 by default for new customers?

Many providers are struggling with figuring out how to roll out IPv6,
it seems.  So in addition to learning more about the customer response,
it would be great to hear a more technical walk-through of how you did
it, what problems you ran into, and how you solved them.  May I suggest
that you give a presentation at the upcoming RIPE meeting?

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/